by Furry Girl
It's been a while since I've done a public shout-out to people who have sent me gifts. I'm sorry for the delay! I do love that people I've never met send me presents, so I'm sorry if anyone felt neglected. A special thanks to the awesome people who sent me gifts from my Amazon wishlist: AM, AP, DR, DS, EM, EW, JD, JM, KS, MF, and T! (Please make sure include your email address in the "gift comments" field on Amazon so I can send you a thank you. Some books came without such a note, so I have no idea who to thank.)
My new books:
* Women's Inhumanity to Women by Phyllis Chesler
* Society of the Spectacle by Guy DeBord
* The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan
* Legalizing Prostitution: From Illicit Vice to Lawful Business by Ronald Weitzer
* The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
* The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements by Eric Hoffer
* Tripping the Prom Queen: The Truth about Women and Rivalry by Susan Shapiro Barash
* The Science on Women and Science by Christina Hoff Sommers
* Is There Anything Good About Men? by Roy F Baumeister
* Vegan a la Mode by Hannah Kaminsky
* Radioactive: Marie and Pierre Curie, a Tale of Love and Fallout by Lauren Redniss
* Camp Concentration by Thomas Disch
* Gender Myths and Feminist Fables: The Struggle for Interpretive Power in Gender and Development (anthology)
* Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstitions, and Other Confusions of Our Time by Michael Shermer
* Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Closterman
* Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey
* The Managed Heart: Commercialization of Human Feeling by Arlie Russell Hochschild
If you buy any of these above-mentioned books through their Amazon affiliate links, a portion of the price goes to SWAAY.
Furry Girl: a good time not yet had by all.
- I operate SWAAY.org, an accessible sex workers' rights site that educates the general public about our lives and our issues.
- I've been vegan for 14 years because I don't believe in exploiting and killing others for my own petty amusements.
My adult sites
- Cocksexual.com: Strapons
- EroticRed.com: Menstruation
- FurryGirl.com: Unshaved
- TheSensualVegan.com: Store
- VegPorn.com: Herbivores
More of me online
Enjoy my writing? I enjoy presents!
Buy SWAAY shirts:
Browse by topic
- (Anti-) Beauty Standards
- 80s Movies' Wisdom
- Add to Your Lexicon
- Advice for Sex Workers
- Allies and "Allies"
- Atheism / Religion
- Book Reviews
- Crab Mentality
- Events & Happenings
- Frequently Addressed Accusations
- Government & Law
- Infographics, Memes, & Ads
- Kink / BDSM
- Labor politics
- Leisure of the Theory Class
- Love, Relationships, & Family
- Nutters & Moralizers
- Other Political Issues
- Privacy & Anonymity
- Queer / Gender
- Seattle / WA Local
- Sex Toys & Products
- Sex Work
- Trafficking / "Rescue"
- Transitioning Out of Sex Work
- Violence Against Sex Workers
- Women as Oppressors
New to my blog? Some favorite posts
- "You have no right to dislike feminism after all it's done for you!"
- "You misrepresent true feminism by focusing on the bad feminists. They're not real feminists anyway!"
- An argument for more sex workers to be out?
- Degrading, violent desires
- Do you have what it takes to be an empowered sex worker?
- Feminism is the shitty relationship you had in your early 20s
- Feminist porn isn't a branch of sex workers' rights, it's an obstacle
- How are we branding sex workers rights in the US? (Let's focus more on *worker*, less on *sex*!)
- How to do your homework on trafficking, "rescue", and the affected communities
- Let's stop pretending that "objectification" is a thing that exists
- Musings on ethical porn and the red herrings of "feminist porn" and "violent porn"
- My call for a "working" class uprising against inaccessible discourse and the over-representation of dabblers
- Sex trafficking is the new crack: manufactured "epidemics" as political tools
- The common logical fallacies deployed by anti-sex worker activists
- Things I've gained from being a sex worker: an anti-paternalistic perspective
- Vigilantism and 'crushing bastards': in praise of anger, hatred, and taking joy in the smiting of one's enemies
- Want to play BINGO with the antis?
- Watch out for psuedoscience: my long-time nemeses of concern trolling and "teaching the controversy"
- What do I mean when I say "sex worker"? Why I'm against an overly-broad definition
- Why I call them "anti-sex worker" rather than "anti-porn" or "anti-prostitution," and why you should too
Favorite sex/ho blogs
- Amanda Brooks
- Asia Pacific Network of Sex Workers
- Belle de Jour
- Born Whore
- Bound, Not Gagged
- Dan Savage on SLOG
- Danny Wylde
- Jiz Lee
- Laura Agustín
- Lux Nightmare [2006-2007]
- Maggie McNeill
- Our Porn, Ourselves
- Sequoia Redd
- Serpent Libertine
- Sexonomics by Brooke Magnanti
- Shit They Say to Sex Workers
- Stuff Sex Workers Eat