by Furry Girl
Anyone else feel like this is true? I know it's not a hard and fast rule, but god damn, does it feel like it some days!
As people who know me are aware, I'm a serious night owl, often not going to sleep until after 6 in the morning. Getting me to wake up early for anything short of the apocalypse is a big deal. I woke up early today to take a morning cam appointment with a nice kinky guy I spent a lot of time with on cam last week. I told him I don't normally do camming early in the day, that I don't like mornings, but he politely begged, so I decided to make an exception for a well-paying pervert who is into things I genuinely like. What happened? 5 minutes before our scheduled appointment, he emailed to let me know he's busy but will try to be able to see me later some time.
I once had another kinky guy who was a great client when I could catch him (he even once flew me to his city for an in-person fetish session), but he was such a monumentally irritating flake and time-waster, I stopped even trying. It wasn't worth all the following up with him to get the money. (I spoke to another sex worker who'd had the exact same experience with him. Maybe his real kink was getting us to chase him?)
I have many other examples of guys who popped in on cam, spent a bunch of money, bought me gifts, had truly fun shows with me, the promised me the world, and then disappeared. If you don't want to see me again, I get it - variety is the spice of life - but don't make a an appointment in the morning after I told you I don't like doing that and then blow me off after I dragged myself out of bed for you.
Time-wasting on the part of clients is one of the top sex worker pet peeves. If you're one of my readers who's a client/customer, please don't pull this shit on us. If you wouldn't stand up your accountant, your lawyer, your doctor, your boss, or your wife, don't do it to sex workers.
Arg. Getting only a few hours of sleep basically ruins my whole day, and I don't even have anything to show for it. Maybe I'll go and see if I can fall asleep again, otherwise I won't make it past 8pm or so, when the real cam show clients start showing up.
For more sex worker infographics, see: Calico's stripping graph, Miss Maggie Mayhem's anti-porn flowchart, Kat's strippers-who-insist-they're-not-sex-workers flow chart, and my own anti-sex worker BINGO card.
Furry Girl: a good time not yet had by all.
- I operate SWAAY.org, an accessible sex workers' rights site that educates the general public about our lives and our issues.
- I've been vegan for 15 years because I don't believe in exploiting and killing others for my own petty amusements.
My adult sites
- Cocksexual.com: Strapons
- EroticRed.com: Menstruation
- FurryGirl.com: Unshaved
- TheSensualVegan.com: Store
- VegPorn.com: Herbivores
More of me online
Enjoy my writing? I enjoy presents!
Buy SWAAY shirts:
Browse by topic
- (Anti-) Beauty Standards
- 80s Movies' Wisdom
- Add to Your Lexicon
- Advice for Sex Workers
- Allies and "Allies"
- Atheism / Religion
- Book Reviews
- Crab Mentality
- Events & Happenings
- Frequently Addressed Accusations
- Government & Law
- Infographics, Memes, & Ads
- Kink / BDSM
- Labor politics
- Leisure of the Theory Class
- Love, Relationships, & Family
- Nutters & Moralizers
- Other Political Issues
- Privacy & Anonymity
- Queer / Gender
- Seattle / WA Local
- Sex Toys & Products
- Sex Work
- Trafficking / "Rescue"
- Transitioning Out of Sex Work
- Violence Against Sex Workers
- Women as Oppressors
New to my blog? Some favorite posts
- "You have no right to dislike feminism after all it's done for you!"
- "You misrepresent true feminism by focusing on the bad feminists. They're not real feminists anyway!"
- An argument for more sex workers to be out?
- Degrading, violent desires
- Do you have what it takes to be an empowered sex worker?
- Feminism is the shitty relationship you had in your early 20s
- Feminist porn isn't a branch of sex workers' rights, it's an obstacle
- How are we branding sex workers rights in the US? (Let's focus more on *worker*, less on *sex*!)
- How to do your homework on trafficking, "rescue", and the affected communities
- Let's stop pretending that "objectification" is a thing that exists
- Musings on ethical porn and the red herrings of "feminist porn" and "violent porn"
- My call for a "working" class uprising against inaccessible discourse and the over-representation of dabblers
- Sex trafficking is the new crack: manufactured "epidemics" as political tools
- The common logical fallacies deployed by anti-sex worker activists
- Things I've gained from being a sex worker: an anti-paternalistic perspective
- Vigilantism and 'crushing bastards': in praise of anger, hatred, and taking joy in the smiting of one's enemies
- Want to play BINGO with the antis?
- Watch out for psuedoscience: my long-time nemeses of concern trolling and "teaching the controversy"
- What do I mean when I say "sex worker"? Why I'm against an overly-broad definition
- Why I call them "anti-sex worker" rather than "anti-porn" or "anti-prostitution," and why you should too
Favorite sex/ho blogs
- Amanda Brooks
- Asia Pacific Network of Sex Workers
- Belle de Jour
- Born Whore
- Bound, Not Gagged
- Dan Savage on SLOG
- Danny Wylde
- Jiz Lee
- Laura Agustín
- Lux Nightmare [2006-2007]
- Maggie McNeill
- Our Porn, Ourselves
- Sequoia Redd
- Serpent Libertine
- Sexonomics by Brooke Magnanti
- Shit They Say to Sex Workers
- Stuff Sex Workers Eat