by Furry Girl
I feel like the best foodie slut in the world to have been gifted both a new deep fryer and glitter high heels in one gifting season. Thank you to KB, GH, MF, DS, JH, and CB. (Several items came without a sender name or email address. Please include your email in the "gift comments" field so I can thank you personally.) Trivia: I now own two books with praise on the cover from Ann Coulter. I find this hilarious.
My new stuff:
* Glitter high heels (vegan glitter not from endangered unicorns, of course)
* A Presto deep fryer to replace my older one that died
* Lost season 6
* Watership Down DVD (a favorite childhood movie)
* Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa by Dambisa Moyo
* How to Write a Book Proposal by Michael Larsen
* Collapse by Jared Diamond
* The Porning of America by Carmine Sarracino and Kevin M. Scott
* The Flipside of Feminism by Suzanne Venker and Phyllis Schlafly (I'm finally taking a proper crack at some conservative anti-feminism in this book by Phyllis Schlafly and a younger woman)
* The Unthinkable: Who Survives When Disaster Strikes - and Why by Amanda Ripley
* Porn 101: Eroticism, Pornography, and the First Amendment
* The Best of H. P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre
* Hard Core: Power, Pleasure, and the "Frenzy of the Visible" by Linda Williams
* Spreading Misandry: The Teaching of Contempt for Men in Popular Culture by Paul Nathanson and Katherine Young
* Mr X by Peter Straub and Riddley Walker by Russell Hoban (these weren't on my wishlist, but are from a viewer who thinks I'd enjoy them.)
If you want to thank me for bringing you the best in anti-feminist sex worker rantings, presents are always a delightful way of doing that. Visit my wishlist on Amazon, and click the option to sort by priority. (Some books are high on my to-read list, others are more "when I get a chance.")
Furry Girl: a good time not yet had by all.
- I operate SWAAY.org, an accessible sex workers' rights site that educates the general public about our lives and our issues.
- I've been vegan for 13 years because it's the easiest way for an individual to contribute to less violence, suffering, and exploitation.
My adult sites
- Cocksexual.com: Strapons
- EroticRed.com: Menstruation
- FurryGirl.com: Unshaved
- TheSensualVegan.com: Store
- VegPorn.com: Herbivores
More of me online
Enjoy my writing? I enjoy presents!
Buy SWAAY shirts:
Browse by topic
- (Anti-) Beauty Standards
- 80s Movies' Wisdom
- Add to Your Lexicon
- Advice for Sex Workers
- Allies and "Allies"
- Atheism / Religion
- Book Reviews
- Crab Mentality
- Events & Happenings
- Frequently Addressed Accusations
- Government & Law
- Infographics, Memes, & Ads
- Kink / BDSM
- Labor politics
- Leisure of the Theory Class
- Love & Relationships
- Nutters & Moralizers
- Other Political Issues
- Privacy & Anonymity
- Queer / Gender
- Seattle / WA Local
- Sex Toys & Products
- Sex Work
- Trafficking / "Rescue"
- Transitioning Out of Sex Work
- Violence Against Sex Workers
- Women as Oppressors
New to my blog? Some favorite posts
- "You have no right to dislike feminism after all it's done for you!"
- "You misrepresent true feminism by focusing on the bad feminists. They're not real feminists anyway!"
- An argument for more sex workers to be out?
- Degrading, violent desires
- Do you have what it takes to be an empowered sex worker?
- Feminism is the shitty relationship you had in your early 20s
- Feminist porn isn't a branch of sex workers' rights, it's an obstacle
- How are we branding sex workers rights in the US? (Let's focus more on *worker*, less on *sex*!)
- How to do your homework on trafficking, "rescue", and the affected communities
- Let's stop pretending that "objectification" is a thing that exists
- Musings on ethical porn and the red herrings of "feminist porn" and "violent porn"
- My call for a "working" class uprising against inaccessible discourse and the over-representation of dabblers
- Sex trafficking is the new crack: manufactured "epidemics" as political tools
- The common logical fallacies deployed by anti-sex worker activists
- Things I've gained from being a sex worker: an anti-paternalistic perspective
- Vigilantism and 'crushing bastards': in praise of anger, hatred, and taking joy in the smiting of one's enemies
- Want to play BINGO with the antis?
- Watch out for psuedoscience: my long-time nemeses of concern trolling and "teaching the controversy"
- What do I mean when I say "sex worker"? Why I'm against an overly-broad definition
- Why I call them "anti-sex worker" rather than "anti-porn" or "anti-prostitution," and why you should too
Favorite sex/ho blogs
- Amanda Brooks
- Asia Pacific Network of Sex Workers
- Belle de Jour
- Born Whore
- Bound, Not Gagged
- Dan Savage on SLOG
- Danny Wylde
- Jiz Lee
- Kat's Stories
- Laura Agustín
- Lux Nightmare [2006-2007]
- Maggie McNeill
- Our Porn, Ourselves
- Sequoia Redd
- Serpent Libertine
- Sex Worker Pie Charts
- Sexonomics by Brooke Magnanti
- Shit They Say to Sex Workers
- Stuff Sex Workers Eat
- Whore Madonna